Don't keep thinking about the past, what could have been, what might might been.
Its gone - move on!
Hanging on to old bits of photos, momentos and the odd paraphernalia isn't helping. They are just getting you to think and to hurt all over again.
You need to start spring cleaning. Throw out the 'junk'. Repaint the house. Get some friends over to make the whole thing fun. Then go out and have a shopping spree. Buy all those things that he had always frowned upon. You know what I mean. He didn't make a big fuss out of. That slight crinkling of the nose. That off hand remark. All those things that let you know that he didn't want to be within 50 feet of whatever thing you wanted.
How about those cowboy boots you eyed? That Disney figurine you thought brought back memories? And that Stevie Wonder CD? And so on....
Its your time to get your personality back - and enjoy it!
Anybody you meet later on is going to have to appreciate everything you have as being part of you. They should not try to change you. "You" come as a complete package - take it or leave it! If you compromise too much like you did the last time you are NEVER going to be happy. It is the same wrong turn down the same dark alley.
You know it!
This is a blog about what I learnt and want to share about finding the right relationship by getting out of a bad one, finding the right partner and cultivating that relationship. Its about love, marriage, friendship - but mostly its about your happiness
Welcome To My Blog
I am going to wager that by you having come here that there is something that is troubling you or you feel that there is someone or a life that is better... waiting for you.
Now, I'm going to make it absolutely clear that this is not a professional counseling site, nor does it have expert opinions that many sites and forums contain.
This is just plain old me - having been through dozens of relationships and finally finding the right one, giving you my 2 cents worth.
I think you will find in my various 'ramblings' that there will be nuggets of truth in the sea of info. I do this because I feel that if I can make someone else's life see a turn around for the better - I would have washed away another stain from my tenure here on earth.
I wish you love and peace....
No comments:
Post a Comment